Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back On Site

There are a few things I want to talk about here but I won't go into great detail on any.

1. Organising my time back in town a lot better.
BIG BIG thing here! :) Now that I'm back on site, I have to organise my time off a LOT better than I just did then. The first couple of days sre, I was buggered and couldn't do much. But with my spare time, do the things I want to do. Bake more, make stuff or just overall make good use of my time. I think ultimately take a couple of days to go elsewhere. Do something you've never done before, have fun at the same time!

2. "You're an engineer, you'll get all the perks."
More like, why should I have things done quicker or done for me just because of that one word? Why is it that the boys are yet to find out if there's going to be a FIFO roster set up or not? Since not one of them could go to town on his own, and dehydration is such a problem, I went and bought some Sqwincher sachets. $45 it cost! For a single packet of 50 sachets. Had I known it was that expensive, I would have taken more from Bradshaw than I did. How disappointing. But at least the blokes should know now that there are electrolytes, albeit not heaps but more than there was, if they need it.

3. Venting.
Harping back from what I said in my entry on the Sammy Award, you know the blokes like and trust you when they're venting to you about your co-workers. I mean, your fellow engineers. I won't go into it to protect those that were saying it but it's pretty cool to know.

4. Wadeye.
After my old boss put the wind up me about not to go out on my own even during the day, I thought right. No running after work, but something else. Hence why I bought a skipping rope. But after driving around after work and seeing how many 'whitefellas' ran, I thought so long as the main road is the only place you go, no worries. And tonight, after I'd got sick of skipping, that's what I did. Did the construction camp block. I saw some locals running up the hill as I came towards the main road and they were a couple of young kids, an older girl and a couple of older women. They were all chirpy and all said hello, whether it was verbally or a physical wave. So I'll take to running further and further from now on, obviously not in the long grass and obviously only in the day.

5. Being away from Dale.
After everything that went on last week, I was so lost coming back to my room here. I mean, after I worked (since I could barely think of anything but work during the day) when I finished. Dale was gone to Litchfield and all I wanted was to talk to him. But I knew that wasn't going to be possible. Even though I did get to, he didn't always listen when I just wanted to vent and then when he did the reception was stuffing up. So it's been rather frustrating and if it weren't for writing in this, I'd be even moreso.

6. Hobbies.
I beats me why I can easy spend money on things that need doing yet cannot justify spending not half that money on hobbies. Yet I realise that in order for me to be able to enjoy life at the fullest, and will be actually able to achieve my goals, I need to carry these out. Take up my jeans! Make different things! A centre piece, just enjoy crafty things like I used to. I must thank Kat for reminding me that spare time for an engineer can be filled doing all sorts of fun and thrifty things. I just need to take more time to do it. I think the mere fact that it's now me paying for it and not Mum has made me very careful with money, a little too careful! But thanks Kat! :) I baked yoyos when I was home last time, although I will have to try a bit harder with them, and I will have to try more things next time!

I think that might be enough for now, this is just random dribble I thought of!

No comments:

Post a Comment